NEWS STORIES |
AI-Powered Revolution: Driving the Green Hydrogen Economy
The application of AI techniques in hydrogen technologies is still in its infancy, which requires further efforts to improve their capability to provide more robust models and optimal solutions for green hydrogen production systems. Hydrogen can be produced from water using renewable resources such as solar and wind power. The main challenge is to make hydrogen production cost-effective with a reduced carbon footprint.1 Due to the rising demand for clean energy sources and increased government activities to build a sustainable environment, the green hydrogen market is likely to rise significantly over the forecast period.1
Artificial intelligence has the potential to optimize the production, storage, and distribution of green hydrogen, making it more efficient and cost-effective.2 By using AI, we can reduce energy consumption and increase efficiency in the production process.3 The combination of AI and IoT is needed to accelerate the transition to green hydrogen.3 AI-driven hydrogen and battery technologies are emerging, and they aim to meet the challenge of reducing carbon dioxide emissions.4
Currently, IGH2A is carrying out two projects, HyMeta and FUSION-MAP, that use AI to achieve their goals. HyMeta is a digital ecosystem for green hydrogen data that provides a platform for data sharing and analysis, enabling stakeholders to make informed decisions about green hydrogen production, storage, delivery, and sale. FUSION-MAP is an open-source platform for understanding green hydrogen systems and value chains through semantic ontologies.
Data intelligence can be leveraged to address the costs associated with the sheer amount of renewable energy needed to produce the quantities of green hydrogen needed to maximize electrification’s carbon neutrality outcomes.5 AI and IoT can make less fraught the decision to produce, hold, dispatch or sell green hydrogen5.
AI has the potential to accelerate the green hydrogen economy by optimizing the production process, providing more robust models, reducing carbon footprint, leveraging data intelligence, and decarbonizing the transport sector. Let us continue to support and invest in AI-driven green hydrogen technologies to create a better future for ourselves and generations to come.
AI has the potential to accelerate the green hydrogen economy by optimizing the production process, providing more robust models, reducing carbon footprint, leveraging data intelligence, and decarbonizing the transport sector. Let us continue to support and invest in AI-driven green hydrogen technologies to create a better future for ourselves and generations to come. By harnessing the power of AI technologies, we can unlock opportunities for intelligent planning, streamline production processes, and drive the green hydrogen revolution, ultimately paving the way for a sustainable and environmentally friendly energy future.6
- Emerging Green Hydrogen Technologies for Sustainable Environment: AI-Based Approach. (2021, January 1). Sustain Environ Res. https://sustainenvironres.biomedcentral.com/greenhydrogentech
- Emerging green hydrogen technologies for sustainable environment: AI-based approach. (n.d.). SXBioGene. https://www.sxbiogene.org/greenhydrogentech.html
- The Intersection of Green Hydrogen and Artificial Intelligence. (2023, June 8). TS2 Space. https://ts2.space/en/the-intersection-of-green-hydrogen-and-artificial-intelligence-a-powerful-duo-for-sustainability/
- Artificial intelligence for hydrogen-based hybrid renewable energy systems: A review. (2022). IOPscience. https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1742-6596/2208/1/012013/pdf
- AI project aims to supercharge hydrogen production in Scotland. (2023, May 22). University of Aberdeen. https://www.abdn.ac.uk/news/17027/
- Artificial intelligence driven hydrogen and battery technologies for sustainable energy systems: A review. (2022). ScienceDirect. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0016236122036869